Friday, October 20, 2006

The Different Faces of Muslim Artists

Names of Allah

Only fitting we start with the beautiful names of Allah Zawajal.


Nasheed - Dust is The Bed

This video is about death and nearly made me shed tears because it brought memories of my grandma and her funeral. She was the first person I actually went through funeral rites with including the washing and procession to the ground. I remembered staring at the earth covering her as we read dua over her grave and the only thing I could think of was I wish I was in there with her.


Zain Bhikha - Have you heard? (acappella)

We could add somalia to this list now couldn't we?


Burdah

Anyone know if this is wrong to be listening to. In my collection I have a few and I love them, but the other day I saw a lecture about burdah by Hamza yusuf and I haven't listened to it. I hope he doesn't say we can't listen to them. :(



Mecca2Medina

Ok are these dudes from UK and is one of them somali?


What happened to the Ummah

Great video with impactful images.



Sami Yusuf

Mashallah when he could be earning major bucks singing in bollywood with his voice, he exalts Allah instead. May Allah grant him his hearts desires.



Amir Sulaiman, the Muslim poet

This is especially for Native Female since she was looking for Amir Suleiman.



Taleal Bedru Aleyna-Yusuf islam

We cannot forget the nasheed's of all nasheeds.My little sisters' and niece favourite singer. I just have to pop this cd in for them to all stop quarelling and start singing and hugging each other. Its the cutest thing.



Ya Umi/Ya Hooyo/Ya Mama/Ya Maman

Mashallah this song/video touched my heart. I got a wonderful idea for a gift for my mother using this song as a background & a couple somali & swahili songs dedicated to moms.



The Heart of a Muslim

I hope the message came through with this song.



The 99 Beautiful Names of Allah

And we shall end with another version with english translation of the 99 beautiful names of Allah Zawajal. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

4 comments:

NATIVE said...

Salaam,

Eid Mubarak sis.....hope u had a great one!

By the way mecca2medina r from the uk but I'm not sure about the somali. All members of mecca2medina are non-somali.

Thnx for the amir suleiman video. It was kind of you to remember me....jazakillah kheyr

Keep us in your dua and we will do the same

Wasalam

:)

Anonymous said...

Mecca2Medina, Ok are these dudes from UK and is one of them somali? From the UK yes, No not Somali, but married to a Sa'ad Younis woman, and living within a Somali Family unit. Was it easy getting in, Hell no (not to mention expensive)!!! Is it easy being in well...Yes(Nuff love 'n' respect to Hooyo). In the UK, Mecca2Medina pretty much belong to the Somali Community, in the Nasheed scene, we're their flag bearers. Make dua Allah blesses us all here and in the hereafter

Masalaams

SleepDepraved said...

^^Getting in where exactly? The music scene or the somali unit? Its wonderful you popped in and left a comment. I went to your website and saw that M2M does do some shows in US. Care to tell me how that works, I might have an idea of a summer event.

Amin to your dua, Abdul-Karim.

Anonymous said...

The Somali Unit of course!!! The music scene was more a technical matter, but Al hamdulilah we study with a Sheikh who also is the guide for M2M, and we also have several fatwas. Contact me through abdulkarim@mecca2medina.com, and insh'Allah we'll try to sort something out for the Summer. Sorry Sister changed my posting name!!!

Masalaams