Sunday, September 10, 2006

'Tis that time of year

As the night cloak spreads across the city, most new yorkers are glued to their TV sets. Its the night before 9/11. Most TV channels are running specials featuring touching stories of survivors and heroes. The channel most of them are watching though is NBC, which features the opening game of COLTS and GIANTS. Or, as they have being calling it for the past year MANNING vs MANNING. Considering I caught the last eight minutes of the third quater and all of fourth quater, I can say I was not impressed by the colts. Oh, no doubt they will make it to the playoffs if Tony D. has anything to do with it but they seem to be still lacking in the running game category.

I got to be honest, I don't like COLTS and was so rooting for GIANTS. I didn't think that last penalty call was warranted. Harper slipped!!! There was no push off. Come on now ref. The pass was perfect and it could have won the game for the Giants before they embark on going head to head with Philly and Seahawks. I am liking Jacobs he has the strength and Tiki has the speed and agility. This could definately work out.

So tommorrow night. Viks vs Redskins. I haven't followed any of the viks game preseason so I have no idea how they will fair. This game will help me deduce if I should smirk when I drive by the Viks fans or cheer with them as they cross under our skyway system to head to the dome.

PS: I was meaning to discuss one show I was listening to that had to do with 9/11 but I am too tired to gather up my thoughts. Inshallah I will post the commentary soon.

2 comments:

Rant's of an angry somali man said...

c'mon girl dont tell me u r a football fan.......i refused to be fan ever since just because they call it football n call football soccer due to that disrespect i'm never with them but i can tell ya yesterday i stayed late night over here in uk n watched Vikings knock off Redskins 19-16......though still soccer still rocks for me!!

laterz,

SleepDepraved said...

Soccer or futbol will always be my first love. I still have a copy of my ticket of when I watched arsenal play. I love american football too. They don't conflict for me because each has a season. As soon as american football season is over then its basketball season then its barclays & champions league. Its my weather ;)

I didn't get to watch viks play cause I had a previous engagement with a certain sheikh, but I hear mixed messages. I kinda forgot to record the game. So you gots to share with a sister. Rumor has it they might be a suprise team this season. Their defense apparently is strong. Spill noh!