Friday, November 17, 2006

Consumerism @ its best


There are a bunch of people sleeping outside today in the cold. Why? Because the Playstation III is coming out tommorrow. I was huddled into my coat, sweater, sweatshirt and gloves as I walked past weirdos just like these. Ok no offense, but what is so important about this system that you would be sitting out in the cold air to get it? Is it going to prevent world hunger? Going to cure AIDS? I just can't see the logic behind this. There are only going to be 400,000 available for sale in the US. Whats more bizarre is the madness thats going to occur in the morning as people push and shove to get in the door first. The madness is going to be people paying $ 7000 for the system on Ebay and my friend is one of the people selling it on Ebay. The day I will mimic this behaviour is the day that anyone is welcome to take a shotgun and take a shot at me.

Photo by TGdaily.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A sucker is born every minute, I guess. I hate video games but can understand someone buying the latest whatever version. This is ridiculous and pathetic, though. Could think of a million things to buy before I get something that nails my behind to a seat, gives me carpal tunnel syndrome and a flat, fat ass, and strains my eye sight.

Anonymous said...

Lol. You can these cyber warriors, weirdos? Ohoh, lady you got something else coming!

To be honest though, how worse can consumerism get? Sell babies on eBay?

Doubting Thomas said...

I read in the news today the first fatalities resulting from the PS3 debut craze. Quite astonishing the effect modern gizmos have over what people do.

SleepDepraved said...

Aya then may I recommend Nintendo Wii. Apparently you move your body in respect to the action on the screen so no carpal tunnel or flat ass.

Twoadv and DoubtingThomas its disgusting and suprisingly a couple people got hurt in Wiscounsin because walmart set out ten chairs and said whoever sat on the chairs gets the system for free. I think walmart should be help accountable for the injuries.