Monday, April 24, 2006

PlayOffs

Playoffs started last weekend and can I just say they have being off the chain. Lets start off with the Western Conference:



Phoenix Suns Vs Lakers (My pick Suns)
LA Clippers Vs Nuggets (Clippers)
Dallas Mavs Vs Memphis Grizzlies (Mavs)
San A. Spurs Vs Sac. Kings (Spurs)

Ron Artest got suspended from a game for his unsportsmanship display against the Spurs. The other suspension to come, due to the opening game of the series, was from Miami Heat (Haslem). This dude threw his mouth piece at the ref. Of all the refs he had to test Crawford. He was tossed out of the game and got suspended for a game. Which leads me to the Eastern Conference:


Detroit Pistons Vs Mil. Bucks (My # 1 D-Town)
Chicago Bulls Vs Miami Heat (Bulls)
Indiana Pacers Vs NJ Nets (Pacers)
Cleveland Cavs Vs Washington Wiz. (Cavs)


It should be a highly charged playoff series and I for one can't wait. I will update time to time with commentaries as it progresses.

4 comments:

CHE' said...

Why you wanna hate on Miami now,I dont see us losing to the Bulls.I like ur westrn picks thought.

SleepDepraved said...

Che,
No offence I know the heat are a good team but I kinda don't like DW, Diesel, Haslem, Peyton, D. George. Its a personal thing lol. Bulls are a good team but they are a young team. Just like a new born horse they are a lil shaky but I think if they sit down and breakdown miami's weak spots they can beat them. Miami has being unable to prove their superiority over this team. Each of the games they have played against the bulls they haven't won by much. So third game in the series Bulls needs to watch the tapes carefully. They need to slow down, move the ball around more, double team DW when he brings the ball in, make him give up the ball.Oh and seriously weakspot #1 walker, utilize him and feed the ball to whoever Walker is defending. Haslem back in the game should make it harder for them to defend in the post. I still pick bulls even though I have a feeling they are going to be getting a run for their money.

Ps:- Bulls are a good D team and they can handle Miami, they just need to settle down.

CHE' said...

Come playoffs,I would rather have vets than the young,up-coming bulls.We've a loaded roster,and our only trouble has been creating the right chemistry between the players.And walahi I hope u aint said anything about Bulls being defensive team !
The eastern finals have been pre-determined of some sort by the get-go;Heat Vs

SleepDepraved said...

Oi, were you watching the same games I was watching? Now I know that playoffs are a different ball game than regular season but lets look at bulls stats shall we? Against Heat they outrebound and outblock them everytime. Apart from the fact their steals are evenly matched, I don't recall Miami ever beating Bulls on homecourt. Its the playoffs thou, weird stuff happens all the time. So, why can't the Bulls actually nudge undeserving Heat out of the way? I def. would like to see that.I hope they even the series come Sunday.Coincidentaly in the playoffs two of the bulls players are in the top 10 scorers with the third bull coming in #11. Either way Heat is going to have to prove that it needs more than what they've shown to get to the eastern finals.

PS:- Miami beat Bulls in the first two games with 13 points combined, Bulls in one game beat them with 19 points. Ouch! talk about a spanking.Enjoy the games :)