Saturday, May 06, 2006

2nd Round

We are into the second round of the playoffs. I got to say this about the refs during the series. Some of them have made questionable calls. I admit I dislike Kobe but I disliked him more when I saw him smirking during the press conference. He said he doesn't get on the court to elbow anybody and the next minute he says that is how he grew up playing the game. I almost kissed the TV when Nash got on the podium and said its a shame that NBA will suspend Raja Bell for reacting to being elbowed when Bell was complaining the whole time to the ref about Kobe's behaviour. Nash pointed out the only reason NBA would be doing that would be because Kobe is such a big name. I agree with Raja Bell. Kobe is an arrogant prick and seriously I hope this will push the Suns to win this series. The other official that got me angry was the one who called LBJ for a delay in game technical when a few seconds earlier when LBJ was practically bulldozed down by Arenas he didn't blow his whistle. Shesh...........they better check the eye sights and bank accounts of the officials is all I am saying.

So here are the next round matchups:

Spurs Vs Mavs
Clippers Vs Lakers/Suns
Detroit Vs Cleveland (Detroit)
Miami Vs New J Nets (Nets)


I know I know I haven't picked anyone in the west but I seriously haven't decided who to pick. I will leave the decision to the first game of the rounds. If Lakers go through to the next round then it would definately be Clippers. It would weird though because these teams will be playing on homecourt each night. No away games if that happens. Figures!!

No comments: