Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Playoff turned Playruff?

Each game so far in the playoff has being marvelous. My picks some might go through some might not go through to the second round. As of tonite two teams have gotten through first round of the playoffs; Mavs and Clippers. Its the LA Clippers first time in franchise history to get through and they deservedly do. Betcha Timberwolves is kicking themselves for letting Cassell go. Mavs are the only team to sweep their series, 4-0 baby!


Now I must have some reason for having such a ludicrous title for my post. Trust me I do. As per my prior post Haslem and Artest were suspended but they have being more incidents in the playoffs since then. Kenyon Martin of the Nuggets was suspended, Nash and Kobe exchanged words during Game #2 because Vujacic said something to Nash to get him heated, Jermaine O'neal was fined $15,000 for criticizing the refs, Peyton and Wade had a shouting contest Game #4 and finally Posey was suspended for a flagrant foul. Pretty exciting I would say. Not to mention there was a couple times I thought fist fights were about to break out during the Suns vs Lakers games.


Ok on to awards. Diaw gets most improved NBA player. Kevin Garnett gets citizenship award (even though everything he donated was tax deductible, figures!). MVP is rumored to be going to Steven Nash even though NBA won't announce that till the coming week. It is also rumored that Kobe didn't even finish second. He got beat by Cav's James, who incidentally scored a triple double during his playoff debut. Adam Silver is the new NBA commissioner booting out David Stern. I think that's about it from NBA news desk.


Looking into the remaining games of the series, I have to say the surprise for me was LA Lakers. Most people who know me, know my intense dislike for Kobe Bryant. He was not a team player and he had an ego that needed to be deflated. Well, whatever they feeding him during this playoff is working. This guy became a team player overnight. He shares the ball equally and is below his scoring average all through the series against the Suns. Kobe has finally stumbled upon the winning formula for a playoff series. Odom, George, Walton, Vujacic, Smush and Kwame Brown all get on the boards regularly these days. Suns might have had the formula to shut down ball hogging Kobe but I doubt they have the formula for a full on Lakers attack. So, unfortunately for my picks Suns they might lose come tomorrow. Bulls, on the other hand are looking good. They have come back and dismantled Heat's offence. Chandler went down with an ankle injury at the end of Game #4. Hopefully its not serious and Bulls can continue their run. Kings are putting up a fight against Spurs. Their series are tied 2-2. So is the Nets-Pacers & Cavs-Wizs series. Wizard's game plan for Game #4 was NO game plan. They decided to not run plays and just see how it works. It worked. They beat the Cavs in Game #4. It would be interesting to see what is in store in that series come Game #5. Finally Pistons and Bucks series. Pistons is up 3-1 in this series and I am looking for them to close it out in the next game.

No comments: