Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Insecurities transferrance

Huh? No kidding. I was sitting here thinking to myself what to name this post and this word popped up. I noticed lately that I am making people do the above mentioned deed unto me. Life hasn't being easy for me but it hasn't being hard either Alhamdullilah. I always seemed to be content with what I have and never desired what I didn't have. I always did what was asked of me, sometimes above and beyond. My weapon of choice to combat life? A good heart and giggles. So whats the deal?

I decided I wanted to change my life. I wanted to do something for me. To wake up each morning knowing its a day of my own making. Needless to say the news didn't go over well. I was blackballed. At first I was morose. I couldn't get myself out of bed for a few days. I kept crying into my pillow. I was so sad that I made myself sick to the point of being driven to the emergency room. I prayed and fasted and Alhamdullilah I got better. As soon as I got better the transferrance begun. People started blaming me for their insecurities. One for lack of financial power, one for lack of vision, one for lack of self-esteem. Just because I decided to shut everyone out during my trying times doesn't mean that as soon as I am smiling again,its time to bring on the stress. Give me some space and time. I am still reeling from the blows life dealt me.

Mind you, the reason for me shutting people out is not out of malice but because I saw that for the first time everyone wanted me to live their version of "my life". It was a rude awakening and I was ill prepared for it. The only people who were truly happy and supportive of me were a couple relatives and my closest friends/allies. I am truly blessed to have them in my life. If it were not for them and off course Allah, I probably wouldn't be typing right now.

2 comments:

Firefly said...

Hello luv,

It can be difficult, I know. Everyone, related or not, feels they know what's good for you. Or worse, that they can take their issues out on you. You just need to keep in mind that you can't live for other people, you must do what will enable you to not only survive the hard bits, but be happy as well.

I think you are a pretty strong person.

SleepDepraved said...

Thanks for the advice. I decided that its time to care abt Moi for once instead of someone else.